Tuesday 11 October 2011

Who are you calling short!?



Good day my friends of the decaying one. First of all a big apology for being off the radar. As O'Shashar has mentioned I have had a busy 4 weeks. I was on holiday for 10 days and I have been distracted with the new Space Marine game and the release of Gears of War 3. What can I say I have a weakness for visceral gore!

OK, as you may have heard from my esteemed colleague we are starting up Warhammer Quest with some friends. The last time I played this game was about 12 years ago when I was back in school at a local gaming club. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I will be needing a miniature to take play in this Quest, which we are starting tomorrow. I decided to go for the stout dwarf for my character and I just finished him last night. I picked up Avatars of War Dwarf Lord on Ebay to represent my character (and to use in my future Dwarf army as a Lord). I have to say he turned out rather well for my first Dwarf.


The model itself was full of detail and I was extremely happy with the casting. It only cost £9.40 including postage and packaging, which admittedly isn't the cheapest, but they are very nice models. You can see there range here.

After some deliberation I decided to name my Dwarf Lord Hrothgal Thundergut. I was going to have Lohrek Foesmasher, but I think that suit a Slayer more. Now that Hrothgal is done and If I can manage to drag myself away from Gears of War 3 I will start painting another 5 Gobbo's that I have undercoated.

There should be another update from Dorn's Arrow about his Skaven army and a very nice Warrior priest soon. However O'Shashar is spoilt for choice on what to offer up for our loyal followers. Until next time my pestilent friends.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice looking Dwarf look forward to seeing how he works out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a seriously cool looking stunty lol, sorry i cant make tomorrow, although i did finish my warrior priest in time, hoping to get a picture up sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my days serious nostalgia goin on right now for me warhammer quest was what got me into the hobby as an eight year old round my friends house with my older brother every thursday after school! I need a copy lol oh and nice dwarf by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got our first game in on Wednesday and once we got in to playing it as a role play rather than a rigid rule set it gave us a great first game even though we got stuck in the first corridor for a good couple of hours with a serious of unfortunately rolls on the power phase bringing us Minotaurs, Centaurs and later some level 2 Savage Orcs with Shaman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i vaguely remember it but it was so much fun like co-op before video games came along in a big way lol i remember id play as the barbarian all the time and we fought alot of skaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remembered it being lots of fairly easy to kill spiders & rats but only had one easy group of snotlings so made for a long game. Really enjoyed it though next time is off to town first to try and level my Knight up as made almost 4000 gold in the first dungeon alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn you and your painted dwarf making those of us with grey models look slack and rubbish :) least we all stole your gold lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not steal his gold I shield barged him to safety, dispatched the ferocious beast of chaos and happened to loot 100g for my courageous act.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You stole my gold blasted manling! (dwarfs are stubborn afterall =P)

    Seriously cheers for the comments and I have to say the quest was very enjoyable and I can't wait for the next game.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...