Monday 21 November 2011

Updating My Necron Colour Scheme

If I were you, I would keep my eye on the little ones


Good evening children of the Plague Father and thank you for joining me again on this cold and dreary evening. I would like to take a look at my ( lack of ) progress with my Necron Force and hopefully help me make a few decisions as to which direction I am going to go in with them.

When it was formally announced that Necrons were being given a new codex I knew I had to add to my collection, they were my first army after all and it would be rude not to. So I placed an order which gave me a little of everything to try out. While this does mean I don't have an army internet approved "auto include" units, I do have a lot of nice new models to have a play around with and can hopefully find what suits my play style.

I actually like the Cryptek who thinks he is KISS


So far I have only assembled an Annihilation Barge as afterwards it got me thinking about my colour scheme. As you can see in my previous post my models have a basic scheme and the basing needs redoing. I have decided to add blue to the army as it goes well with the brown of metal but am torn between a metallic blue and a flat blue. Both of which I like though I find myself switching back and forth between the two.

I apologise that the photos below are pretty bad, this is because I had lost the natural light by the time I finished trying out colours on my robotic minions but hopefully it will help you get an idea of what I am going for.

Dark blue and my Dragon Forge base tester
Metallic blue


Then there is the question of vehicles and what colour to do them as my monoliths are painted the same way as my infantry but I am unsure on the smaller vehicles. I have seen some very nice ones using a dark green base and glow effects which I could change to suit my idea of a blue scheme. This is causing me to delay my army as both ways appeal to me and I could extend the metallic blue on to the vehicles as they have a lot more detail than the oppressive monolith does.

For the bases I have decided to use the Dragon Forge bases I picked up for my Black Templars as between painting my Tomb Kings, Necrons and any smaller model that steals my interest they have been carefully packed away waiting their next wave of reinforcements to further bulk out an army I barely use ( what can I say T'au & Necrons just steal away all my 40k focus ).

Luckily I already know how I am going to do the bases as I painted one Sunday afternoon ( without my usual changes to the colour scheme every few minutes ) along with testing a few colours out on my Necrons. Looking at the pictures above I am happy that the new bases really do look a lot better.

So I put it to you ladies and gentlemen of the internet, metallic or non-metallic blue?

Until next time keeping spreading the blessings of Papa Nurgle and you will always have a place in his garden.

O'Shashar

4 comments:

  1. Bases look awesome, really need to get myself some for my next army project, as the for model I do like the blue though it is very dark so not to my personal tastes as I do like it a bit brighter. Be interesting to see some orange/red ones or even other colours in action. If i had to pick out of those 2, I would say i prefer the dark blue top one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings!
    Well look, I like the Necrons in metallic shades, so here I will tell you to use the metallic blue. However, you also say the following: the color scheme should choose only one person, you!

    I also am with many doubts about the color schemes, made the last entry I wrote was on this topic.

    Greetings from Spain.
    By the way, nice bases!
    Alvira.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bases really do look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for comments guys, nice to see you are as split between the colours. I have picked up some orange to try and will post a better test model.

    Glad to see the bases are going down well though may need to make another order to finish them all off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...