Friday 9 December 2011

Tale of Three Gamers update (Orcs and Goblins)


Hello and welcome back again this week to the Plague Father's blessed Cupboard of Nurgle. As some of you may know I promised a much better update this week in regards to what I have been up to, a kind of mystery project so to speak. I will apologise as this mystery project hasn't progressed as quickly as I would like due to miniature side projects including an update on my Orc and Goblin horde. I have started this project, but I thought I would turn to our faithful followers for input on what should happen with this project.


As you can see I haven't gotten very far at all, but this is because I am torn between two idea's for this piece of board. Originally I wanted to create a fuel station to accompany my ammo dump I am currently painting, but then I thought that I could make a kind of command post so to speak. I want it look a little something like the one Forgeworld used to sell. If you don't know what I'm on about a picture can be found here. OK so my question to you guys is would you prefer me to make an fuel station or a command post?

On a side note I used my Black and Decker multi tool to sand the edges I bought for £40 a while back and I have to say it is totally worth it as I now longer have to deal with cramp in my hands from sanding the edges!


OK and now onto my Orcs and Goblins. As you can see I have managed to finish another five Night Gobbos and 5 Orc Boyz. As you may be able to tell with my Orc Boyz they do not seem to rank up very well which is starting to concern me. This is because 10 of them are converted Orks from the Assault on Black Reach box set and there arms stick out a bit. If the worst happens I will just have to paint more Orc Boyz with shields until I have 20 that rank up as I am at some point going to increase the squad size to 40. This will be the same for the Night Gobbos, but because they actually rank up I am not to concerned with them at this time.


So at the moment I have assembled and base coated quite a bit ready for painting. I am hoping to have some this done for a post next week for you. I have got the command squads for both my Orc Boyz mob and Night Gobbos mob as well as 10 40k barrels, my ammo dump and some tank barricades. I am hoping to have the barrels, barricades and the ammo dump for next week.

Until then fellow worshipers of the Lord of Flies spread his glorious corruption to everything you meet.

1 comment:

  1. Good work on the horde will have to try a game at some point to see how the rules work out.

    With the terrain personally I would go for the fuel dump as I always like supply depot style terrain as it tends to quite random with different heights and pieces within the main idea.

    Though not to say a good command post couldn't look amazing just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...